Monday, June 20, 2011

NorCal Pirate Fest

After two to three days of furious accessory making, I went to the Norcal Pirate Fest in Vallejo yesterday. While there, I met up with the fabulous American Duchess, and we took a two hour sail down the Vallejo Straights on a two-masted schooner. It was so much fun!






The only finished accessories you get to see in this post are the hat and belt, and a bit of the fichu. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the pockets (from the Janet Arnold pattern), the cap (my own pattern), or my necklace before I headed out of town this morning, so I'll show more detailed pictures of them all in a later post. I also made the burgundy petticoat within the week leading up to the festival, and I like it so much better than the floral one I had made. So now I have options! I'm also in love with my pockets. They're sooo much bigger than my old ones. It makes me wish we still wore them nowadays, so I could stop carrying my huge purse around everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing collection.
    i love the skirts.very nice blog for fashion updating.
    Here is an other celebrity Veronica Hearst.
    she has done a excelent work in this domain.
    she has a passion for the arts and spreading her appreciation for them throughout the United States.

    ReplyDelete